Summer 2017 is your chance to get certified as a yoga teacher in just four weeks at Mind the Mat. Our training emphasizes three areas:
- Putting knowledge into practice and experience, rather than simply reading texts and writing essays.
- You will learn both western functional anatomy and yogic anatomy and how to apply them to yoga postures.
- Incorporating skilled core stability and activation with Pilates principles taught by a Doctor of Physical Therapy.
- Includes in-depth study and practice of asana (yoga poses), pranayama (yogic breathing exercises), meditation, and teaching practicum.
- Mind the Mat values the unique qualities of each person — no “cookie-cutter” teachers here.
- You will learn how use ancient yogic philosophy and wisdom to live authentically, with greater health and wellness.
- Includes mindfulness exercises, history of yoga and its lineages, tools for transformation, and a nurturing, supportive community of peers and teachers.
- Mind the Mat knows the importance of teaching with confidence.
- You will learn specific tools and techniques to be an effective teacher.
- Includes skilled verbal cueing, assisting, sequencing, class planning, ethics, and the business aspects of yoga.
PLUS Special Populations Training
- Mind the Mat is an inclusive studio environment and we work with a range of students of varying shapes, sizes, and needs.
- Includes Seniors, those with Injuries, Prenatal, Postpartum, and more….
- You will learn skills to teach students in this key niche of the yoga world.
- Includes study of why and how to modify for students’ individual needs.
This program meets daily on weekdays from 7am-5:15pm and Saturdays 12:30-5:30pm, July 10-August 5, 2017 at Mind the Mat’s Clarendon location in Arlington. Save $250 off tuition if you pay in full by May 31, 2017.