It’s the first thing you see in the morning and holds everything from your phone and your favorite book to a piping hot cup of coffee. Besides your bed, of course, the most essential piece of furniture in your bedroom is the nightstand (both literally and figuratively, ha!) and I would venture to say it is the piece of furniture about which we receive the most inquiries. So I thought I would bring to you my favorite picks from Bernhardt — and, special for Stylebook readers, we will extend our 40 percent off Bernhardt sale!
The perfect bedside table adds a little something extra to your bedroom. They are practical, of course, convenient for books, lamps, and trinkets, but they also offer a tableau for styling flowers and art, instantly add subtle flair and polish to your bedroom. Here are a few styling points to consider:
- A nightstand should be of even height or slightly higher than your bed.
- Be realistic about your space needs. If you need more storage, don’t be afraid to have bedside tables with drawers.
- If you prefer to have matching bedside tables, use matching lamps too. Pairs bring a sense of order to the room.
- Add fresh flowers. Not only do they add a bright spot of color to your nightstand, but it’s nice to have something organic in your bedroom, whether it be flowers or a pretty fern.
- Keep things visually interesting by adding coordinating artwork to your beside book collection.
- Unwind with your favorite scent. Keep a luxurious candle by your bedside.
Now, my faves. You’d treasure any of these chic, thoughtfully designed, and well-made pieces from Bernhardt in your bedroom for years to come.
Tons of practical storage in a rustic yet sophisticated heather gray finish. W: 30” D: 20-1/8” H: 30”
Silver-leaf adds a bit of drama and glam. W: 34” D: 19” H: 30”
The glass topper is super practical. W: 31” D: 18-1/2” H: 28”
Love the hardware detail here. W: 28” D: 17-1/8” H: 29-3/4”
The tarnished nickel finish on the steel legs lend an industrial edge. W: 32-5/16” D: 19” H: 30”
Who says a nightstand has to be square? W: 30” D: 26-1/4”