The holidays are such a magical time for families. One way to get in the spirit is by dressing up your kiddies in festive holiday attire. Here are 529 Kids Consign’s top five style tips for the season.
1. You can never go wrong with choosing pieces in traditional holiday colors. Even for casual events like a Gingerbread decorating class or a tree lighting ceremony, you can keep your little ones comfortable but festive in cozy pieces in shades of red, white, green, blues etc.
2. Tartan plaid is always a great holiday classic. Whether you’re headed to the Alexandria Scottish Christmas Walk, a formal holiday party, or a church service, tartan plaid looks great on boys and girls!
3. Smocking is another classic, and is especially cute in children’s clothing. This type of detailing can transform a simple dress or pair of overalls to the perfect preppy dress or outfit. Smocking is perfect for a party, church, or even a school celebration.
4. Accessories are a great way to punch up an outfit with some holiday spirit. 529 Kids Consign features two great accessory brands from local momtrepreneurs. For the girls, For Mommy & Me has fun hair vintage-inspired accessories in holiday colors, Christmas tree shapes, and more. Pretty Little Polka Dot makes adorable big grosgrain bows in plaids and holiday colors to match any smocked, taffeta or plaid dress. To keep your little guy looking dapper, the shop carries a festive collection of bow-ties from Rock The Casbow.
5. Finally, you don’t have to break the bank to keep your little ones looking festive. At 529 Kids Consign, we know the holidays can be an expensive time for families, so save where you can! Find looks featuring many of these styles and more at 529 Kids Consign, where new and gently used pieces are up to 75 percent off of retail prices.