Maria Jose, Mary Jo, Maria, MJ. She’ll answer to all of them, but most of us know her as the popular local mommy blogger, Very Busy Mama. On her blog, she writes about working with what you have, shopping your own closet and making the best of any budget. The Stylebook team worked with Maria–a new mom for the second time in January–to come up with a layered street style look–one she would literally wear on the street, functional yet stylish, comfortable but something that would make her feel great.
Here, she is wearing a pair of her own maternity jeans that she transformed after giving birth to her little one into control-top jeans. (She’s going to tell us more about that later!) The beautiful Joie blouse is from Kiskadee, Sam Edelman glitter flats from The Shoe Hive as well as the gorgeous red anorak.
Here are a few of Maria’s favorites from the photo shoot:
1. Of course, the Annabel Ingall bag from The Shoe Hive is still the it bag, recently featured in Washingtonian magazine!
2. Big Tory Burch sunglasses are a must-have for any tired mama.
3. We previously gave you the dish on Maria’s makeup but she really loved Jouer’s lipstick in Elizabeth from Bellacara.
4. The Sam Edelman flats she is wearing are ultra-versatile and great for toting around two little ones.
5. As a new mom, Maria wanted to include some shapewear in her favorites. This Spanx cami from Kiskadee is a winner.
6. Maria had a hard time choosing one look, mainly because she fell in love with this Trina Turk giraffe print blouse from Zoe Boutique. Trina Turk is a line Zoe just started carrying and Maria is a big fan!