Thank you so much for the overwhelming support for our big news last week. All of us at Alexandria Wellness and Fitness on the Run are grateful and appreciate your 15 years of support to help Alexandrians get strong and well — for good! As we enter our new chapter, we continue to be dedicated to your wellness, fitness, strength and building a lifestyle of healthy and meaningful habits.
Like any big change, there has been an array of emotions around our announcement. To me, this means Fitness on the Run has made a difference in your life. Yay! And, Alexandria Wellness plans to do the same – and more!
Yet there is also confusion, which is understandable.
We hope this communication will clear the air and help you determine your next steps for health, wellness, fitness and a conscious choice for your lifestyle.
The New Alexandria Wellness
On September 15, Alexandria Wellness will move to 215 North Payne Street to begin our journey to changing the face of wellness in Alexandria. Adrien Cotton, founder of Fitness on the Run and Alexandria Wellness (AW), is teaming up with Christopher Campagna, President & CEO of Braddock Commercial Real Estate Solutions to launch Alexandria’s first-of-its-kind premier wellness shared workspace community at 215 North Payne Street. As a team, Chris brings years of experience as a pioneer in developing innovative solutions in commercial real estate while Adrien brings 15+ years as one of Alexandria’s premier wellness gurus. Chris is creating an amazing space to serve those in Alexandria seeking to prioritize wellness and Adrien is thrilled to be his first partner.
Designed to drive efficiency, productivity and critical work-life balance, 215 North Payne Street will enable small and medium-sized businesses to attract and retain top talent in a space that provides private workspaces, conference rooms, sound proof phone booths and much, much more. The anchor of the building will be a gym, similar in look and feel to Fitness on the Run, that embraces their shared philosophy: open layout and only essential equipment. There is also outdoor work and workout space and a café providing healthy food service.
Check out this awesome rendering of the “Loop”, Alexandria’s one-of-a-kind wellness, workspace and café all under one roof.
Answering Your Questions
• First and foremost, we invite all clients to join Alexandria Wellness for fitness and wellness or for wellness only. Wellness-only packages have been carefully crafted by our expert team with feedback from our current wellness-only clients. Those interested in combining their wellness and fitness will be glad to know Adrien and her team will be continually raising the bar of your fitness beyond where you’ve ever imagined. No machines. No pushing to extremes. A balance of strength, conditioning, stretch, mobility and tons of fun!
• Our team is made up of Megan Crozier, Adrien Cotton and another surprise hire we will announce in the coming weeks, to form a team of professionals dedicated to helping you achieve your greatest health and fitness.
• We will offer a small number of month-long trial packages so you will be able to “try us out” before you commit to a package. Stay tuned for them!
• Personal training, small group and concierge clients of Adrien and Megan will move to the new location. They will continue to help their clients with their fitness, nutrition and wellness goals. However, now they will be surrounded by a community inspired by wellness and an array of new tools to help them along the way. It is going to be amazing!
• All Fitness on the Run trainers will be forming their own companies – or expanding them – with their Fitness on the Run clients who wish to stay with them. If FOR clients are interested, Alexandria Wellness will be offering wellness only and wellness and fitness packages.
• FOR class clients will have affordable options of joining Alexandria Wellness, either wellness alone or with fitness sessions, where we will offer a selection of small groups and classes made especially for those keenly focused on their wellness.
• Over the course of the next several weeks, FOR class and PT clients will finish up their packages then transition to the rates of their trainers or another provider.
Thank you again for your 15 years of support. Watch out for new and exciting offerings made just for you Alexandria!
Adrien founded Fitness on the Run in 2004 out of her home. After spending 15 years developing her own personal definition of wellness and watching thousands struggle with theirs, in January 2019 Adrien founded Alexandria Wellness, the home for the Concierge Wellness Program and Corporate Wellness with Adrien Cotton.
Over the course of 15 years, “FOR” was home to more than 1,500 clients, 25 instructors, and hundreds of inspirational success stories. Adrien is now-more-than-ever passionate about helping others view their fitness as a journey, not a quick fix.
Adrien’s recipe for success herself has evolved from a rigid training plan of sweaty workout weeks to some days getting in her 10,000 steps, consciously breathing, her 7.5 hours of sleep and her beloved 5-Minute Flow.
Now, Adrien believes the most important ingredient is making small changes for big results, even if it’s one new habit formed each month. Still passionate about fitness, Adrien’s clients appreciate her ability to make sessions seriously challenging without a “beat down”, a healthy mix of strength and metabolix work and ultimately helping her clients gain real strength.
Adrien believes we all benefit from being curious about our bodies and our health and that change, or improvement, is always within reach despite what your “inner voice” or others may tell you. Adrien is bubbling with excitement to help Alexandrians learn the importance of a comprehensive approach to wellness, weight loss, and contentedness with yourself, and that every person has the right to feel good about themselves.
Most days, you can find her helping clients with their wellness and listening to clients’ success stories and bragging about her twin 12 year old children and “fittest man in Alexandria” Bill Cotton. Adrien prides herself on her practice of mindfulness, meditation, and putting it all into perspective.
Alexandria Wellness offers achievable answers for anyone who is tired of chasing fitness and health without a clear plan, someone who has struggled and is not satisfied with their fitness and wellness or someone who is open to maximized healthful longevity and fitness along with healthful weight loss. Adrien and her team offer help with food guidance, body acceptance, sleep and stress issues, and insist you have fun along the way.