We are all safely tucked away at home and it’s helping. But we’re bored and stressed out. We need creative outlets to help us to stay sane so we can keep this up. It’s a marathon not a sprint so we have to stay hydrated.
Well, I just might have something that will quench your thirst. Red Barn Mercantile, Penny Post, fibre space, Stitch Sew Shop, and AR Workshop are bringing you Makers Mile: Homemade on May 30. Learning new skills or finding a fun project to keep you distracted from the news is just what you need, and we have it. Instead of having you come to the store, we are bringing Makers Mile to you!
Our Makers Mile: Homemade box will consist of all the things you need to create fun projects and learn five new skills. Here’s what you get…
• Cherry Blossom Embroidery Kit: A Stitch Sew Shop exclusive! One of the most beautiful moments in our region, captured in an embroidery kit. Embroidery kit includes: Embroidery needle, 5” embroidery hoop, cotton fabric pre-printed with the pattern, embroidery thread, a stitch guide, and instructions for how to finish your kit for display.
• String Art Kit: DIY at home with AR workshop Alexandria. Learn to stain, paint, and create your own String Art. Your DIY Kit includes all materials – wood, custom stencil, paint/stain, nails, yarn, and printed instructions.
• Weaving Kit: Learn to weave with our mini tapestry loom kit and make a coaster from fibre space! The kits come with several colors of yarn, a loom, color photo instructions, wood tapestry needle, small metal tapestry needle for the smaller and tighter areas of the project, wee weaving comb, wee pick up stick, and a reusable cotton carrying bag.
• Brush Lettering Kit:Penny Post is excited to bring you our favorite lettering artist, Michele Hatty Fritz of Meant To Be Calligraphy. Michele is a second-generation artist with more than a decade of experience as a professional calligrapher. She will use some of our favorite brush markers to demonstrate one of her gorgeous brush lettering alphabets, taking you from A to Z and sharing tips and tricks along the way. The kit includes an A4 dotgrid Rhodia pad of paper, pencil and pencil sharpener, four pens in assorted colors and styles, plus a brush alphabet exemplar from Michele.
• Craft Cocktails & Mocktails Kit:Red Barn Mercantile is partnering with Mother Shrub to bring you a quick and dirty cocktail class. Your kit will include a bottle of Mother Shrub’s Black Cherry shrub, a cocktail glass hand etched by Michele of Meant to Be Calligraphy, a cocktail umbrella to make it festive, and a cocktail napkin to keep it classy, and the recipe. You will need to provide the lemons (6 to 8), sugar, water, ice, vodka or bourbon, shaker, pitcher, and something to stir it all. Cheers!
Register today to reserve your box of projects. Each box brings hours of distraction and is only $150. I promise it’s worth every penny of it! To have your box shipped, order by May 22. If you prefer curbside pickup, then stop by fibre space from May 22 to 29 anytime between 11am and 7pm to grab it. Boxes are very limited so don’t delay. Enjoy the fun!!
Owner Amy Rutherford started Red Barn because she wanted to deliver a service — to provide both old and new in one place. No longer will busy shoppers be limited to reproductions or forced to shop multiple flea markets for the look or gifts they want. The trick in blending old and new, vintage and modern, classic and quirky, is balance. And Amy’s knack for mixing rustic antiques with urban chic has created a look that is both fresh and familiar.
Red Barn Mercantile opened its doors in September 2007 with a single vision in mind: providing old and new to offer our customers signature whole-room designs at great prices.
We’re more than a furniture boutique and provide more personalized service than a big box retailer. We work hard to bring you the highest quality furniture and gifts, the most unique conversation starters, wall hangings and accent pieces, whether they come from off-the-beaten-track flea markets, or the latest designers.