We know more is coming. It’s just a matter of time, right? Snow.
In the coming weeks, some of us may need to grab the snow shovel and get moving. I know it’s not always the most fun task, but what a great way to start the day when it comes to your health and fitness!
Here’s how to go about it without hurting yourself.
1. Place one hand high and the other low for leverage.
2. Hinge your hips when you bend your knees.
3. When the shovel is halfway full, stand up tall and move to within 1 foot of where the snow will be piled.
4. Bend your knees and pull the shovel back and to the side of your body.
5. With hips hinged and knees bent, move the shovel in upward motion to unload the snow ONLY in the forward direction (don’t try to “throw the snow” to the side. It will not bode well for your back especially since this in done in a cold and your muscles are tight and cold.
Alexandria Wellness offers achievable answers for anyone who is tired of chasing fitness and health without a clear plan, someone who has struggled and is not satisfied with their fitness and wellness or someone who is open to maximized healthful longevity and fitness along with healthful weight loss. Adrien and her team offer help with food guidance, body acceptance, sleep and stress issues, and insist you have fun along the way.
215 North Payne Street
Alexandria, VA 22314