In Alexandria, it’s not uncommon to see new construction seemingly at every turn. But what is it about a newly constructed home that is so appealing? What are the benefits of purchasing a new home? Well, here are just a few of the many reasons new constructions are so popular.
All photos of 1206 Alden Road in the Plymouth Haven neighborhood
1. The protection of a new home warranty
• Just like when you purchase a new gadget or car, new homes also come with warranties! Appliance manuals and warranties are registered and covered under the manufacturer’s warranty, which means you have one less thing to worry about in case something breaks. Builder warranties are also in place as well, which cover everything in the home for one year that may have had wear and tear. In Virginia, a structural warranty for ten years is also included in a new build, covering if anything structural happens, such as foundation issues.
• Purchasing new constructions also will help you build relationships with contractors. They are most familiar with the home through the building process and will be a great resource if any issues arise. Who better to fix something than the person who installed it?
2. New homes are new, stylish, and trendy
• Modern floor plans with high-rated, energy-efficient appliances are a staple in new homes. State-of-the-art and stylishly designed fixtures will create an experience and atmosphere that is welcoming and thoughtful as well as modern. You won’t have to worry about updating old appliances or dated wallpapers – new homes are up to date with the best!
3. Move-in ready
• With everything new and updated, the home will be ready for you and your family to enjoy. With ready-to-go appliances, a new home can be low-maintenance and leave you worry-free for several years.
We’ve recently had the opportunity to work with the builders of 1206 Alden Road in the Plymouth Haven neighborhood from start to finish. This immaculate and custom-designed new home features five bedrooms, five and a half baths, and a three-car garage! Sitting on a half-acre lot, 1206 Alden boasts 5,822 finished square feet on three levels. The home features include two fireplaces, a gym, home office, mudroom, laundry/wet room, white oak hardwood throughout, custom trim, upgraded siding, and an en-suite bath in each bedroom. This newly built home is move-in-ready and built with top-of-the-line fixtures and appliances. If you’re looking to move into a new home, please contact us.
Born, raised, and bred in Alexandria, VA, Britt Patterson is a true product of the great state of Virginia. Britt attended Waynewood Elementary (Class of ’96), Carl Sandburg Middle School (Class of ’98) , and West Potomac High School (Class of ’02), she then went on to attend Virginia Tech (go Hokies!) where she majored in Business Marketing and Minored in Real Estate. Britt “officially” joined the family business as a licensed Realtor in 2008 after two years of working the political fundraising field and prides herself on her Alexandria real estate knowledge, alongside her integrity, loyalty, and professionalism as an agent and Vice President for the family business.
The Patterson Group is one of the most experienced and trusted real estate teams in the area, serving Alexandria, VA for over thirty years. We offer professional, hardworking, detailed and friendly service and a large network of contacts and resources accrued over our many years in Alexandria real estate. Comprised of seven Alexandria locals, six of whom are licensed realtors and three of whom are accredited staging professionals, The Patterson Group is passionate and knowledgeable about Alexandria, VA and here for all of your Northern VA real estate needs. Allow us to help you find your home here and discover all that the Alexandria lifestyle has to offer.