Is your holiday calendar filled with cooking, hosting, and shopping? This long list of to-do’s makes it difficult to find time for yourself! The TSALT team asked our leading lady, Tamara Saltonstall, to share some pointers on how to stay ahead of the holiday hustle and bustle.
1. Eliminate morning stress by picking out your outfit the night before and steam it if you can. It may seem like a simple fix, but it’s one less thing to think about in the morning.
2. Always have three monochromatic outfits hanging together in your closet. These are instant options for when you are in a pinch. Tamara likes to have a black, a gray, and a navy outfit ready to go at all times.
3. If you’re going shopping for that fabulous outfit, be prepared. Bring along your favorite heels, Spanx, and lipstick. You’ll feel better about yourself in the fitting room, and you’ll get the total look without having to try it on again at home (and potentially returning it).
1. Wash and style your hair in the evenings before bed. This will save you so much time in the mornings. Take a quick brush to it and you’re out the door. Plus, day-old hair looks more effortless and chic!
2. Keep a toothbrush and hairspray in your glove compartment or desk drawer. This is an easy way to keep wild hairs at bay after a mid-day workout.
3. Grab a set of light free-weights and turn on your favorite show. Before you know it you’ll be doing arm curls for 30 minutes.
ALH Style is a local personal styling business offering closet clean outs, look books, style consults, shopping appointments and consignment drop offs to women of all shapes and sizes in the DMV! Work one-on-one with owner and lead stylist, Ali Hellmuth, to find your most confident self!