Most of us are getting ready for a day of sharing and giving thanks. What a wonderful objective for any given day, at any point of the year. That being said, I am a firm believer in the push and pull of the universe…a yin for every yang. Black Friday is proof that Newton’s third law of motion is at play (although, he probably didn’t envision the push-pull over flat screen televisions).
The hours and minutes are closing in on Black Friday, and the national phenomenon where chaos ensues in the form of long lines and deep discounts reaches Alexandria, too. There is only one other rival to the types of markdowns you’ll find tomorrow, and that is the famous OTBD Warehouse Sale in February. Thankfully the locations tomorrow morning are spread out, so the odds are good for scoring amazing prices on gifts for friends and relatives (or items for yourself, of course!).
I no longer take part in Black Friday shopping…my years in retail cured me of anything I needed more than my REM sleep. However, if I were to participate in this shopping extravaganza, I put a list together of a dozen great reasons to shop your favorite boutiques bright and early tomorrow morning.
1. The 5050’s would make my list…no if’s, and’s or but’s. They are comfortable, chic, and I can make a strong case for practical.
2. The Votive Diffuser is a great hostess gift. I recommend adding one or two to your gift closet.
3. …same goes for the candles.
4. A puffy coat is notably on many a fashion editor’s list of must haves…take advantage of Coatology’s 2-in-1 and you’ll be as snug as a bug in a rug this winter.
5. For just about anyone on your holiday list – commuter, college student, tween – you can’t go wrong with a S’well bottle. Time to stock up and make for a simply swell holiday season!
6. Again, Black Friday is about the big ticket items and this fragrance is intoxicating. Why not indulge in a little Merry Christmas to me?
7. I stumbled on this mixed media necklace at Coco Blanca, a great complement to sweaters, t-shirts, or silk blouses.
8. I’m still loving this two piece look from Kiskadee. Holiday parties are coming up and this will work alone or with a great jacket!
9. If you need a great gift for an exchange with your girlfriends, this cuff would be my suggestion.
10. Last year, my besties got this fabulous fragrance, and I kept one for myself! It’s still going strong almost a year later, too.
11. Every year I indulge in a cute pair of socks. Whether they are bright and fun or the perfect shade of gray, cozy is always a great gift.
12. Vaubel. Without a doubt, this would get me out of bed every time!
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope all of you will find today filled with a great deal of joy and time well spent with the people you care about.