Mastering the art of layering your jewelry can be a tricky thing. You want it look effortless yet pristine at the same time. It’s too easy to put the same jewelry on day in day out (we’re all guilty of it!). I mean we’re busy becoming #bossladies and we all have our trusted favorite gems. However, it’s good to get the most out of your jewelry. Simple additions and varying combinations can make all the difference when putting an outfit together and can give you the confidence to take over the world.
Curating a perfect jewelry collection that captures who you are and incorporates the beautiful pieces you already own probably sounds like a dream, right? Make your dreams come true at Mystique! Mystique is not just a place that houses beautiful, hand-picked selections, it is a full-service store with a knowledgeable and personable staff who have a keen eye for unique jewels, and who want to make sure you get the pieces that are perfect for you.
I love to collaborate with my clients and discuss their style as well as the latest necklines, hemlines, and the kinds of silhouettes and fabrics that look best when decorated with a thoughtfully layered selection of necklaces, earrings, and bracelets, creating looks to take you from day to night and more.
It’s an opportunity to have a discussion about fashion and jewelry and how our clients feel about what they own and how they can wear it. People love to share their stories about their favorite pieces, and I love to listen. Listening and getting to know our clients are the keys to finding the right homes for the pieces I create and the designers I carry.
I think it’s best to concentrate on one or two parts of your body you’d like to layer – neck and fingers or wrists and ears. You want to keep it cool and sophisticated rather than messy and overwhelming. But there is an art to nailing the layered trend, you can’t be all willy-nilly about it. Here are a few of my tips…
1. It’s essential to create a balanced look when layering; spacing is key. When styling same metal necklaces, start with your smallest pendant on the shortest length that feels comfortable. Wear the bigger necklace on the longest length.
2. Each piece should complement the next one. You don’t want pieces to look cluttered or get twisted among each other. Each piece should be displayed naturally, not blocking the other’s view.
3. It’s important to get a variety and mix bold statement pieces with fine and delicate ones. Too many chunky pieces will make you look weighed down.
4. Consider the neckline you’re wearing when layering necklaces; the simpler it is, the more decorative you can be. Generally, wearing more neutral colors when layering is best.
5. Mix metals, textures, and stones to create a more natural and interesting feel — and remember, it doesn’t need to match perfectly!
Remember to save the date to join us for our Jude Frances Trunk Show, December 7th in Middleburg and December 8th in Alexandria and discover the classic elegance of Jude Frances with on-trend shapes and styles.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which shows you’ll be attending. All who RSVP will get a special gift bag filled with goodies from the designer and from Mystique Jewelers, plus 10 percent off on the day of the show – don’t miss out!
Featuring old world styles, textures in gold, and styles that are rich yet perfect for everyday wear. Mystique Jewelers evolved from that of custom goldsmith shop into a truly sophisticated boutique, featuring the most coveted designers’ lines such as: Jude Frances, Alberto Parada, Jaime Joseph, Lauren K, KC Designs, and Beverly K as well as creating “one of kind” designs that are timeless, heirloom, and classic. Planning on getting engaged? Our diamond experts, master goldsmith, and designers on the premises will assist you in creating a truly remarkable, one-of-a-kind engagement ring.
123 S. Fairfax Street 112 W Washington Street
Alexandria, VA 22314 Middleburg, VA 20117